Welcome to Horace Allen School, which is a part of the Livingstone Range School Division. Our school proudly serves K-3 students and their families from the communities of Coleman, Blairmore, Frank, Bellevue and Hillcrest. Originally built as a High School in 1963, HAS is named for Mr. Horace Allen, the school’s first principal and a longtime educator in Coleman. Over the years, HAS has undergone several renovations, the most recent one in 2003. Our school now features improvements which make it appropriate for a K-3 school population.
Achieving our personal best in a safe and caring environment."
Our mission statement is based upon our school’s values and beliefs.
- Honesty: telling the truth even when you do not want to or it is hard to because of the choices made
- Respect: being polite to others,using good manners, treating each other as we want to be treated
- Caring: displaying kindness and concern for others
- Fairness: sharing, taking turns, playing by the rules; choosing to be open minded and to act in a just and fair way
- Responsibility: being counted on to do your job when asked; the ability to act independently and make decisions to support yourself and others
- Every individual is unique and has his/her own learning style.
- Learning is a life long process and is a cooperative effort between community, home and school.
- Children must be given the opportunity to experience success.
- Our school is a safe, friendly and comfortable environment which recognizes the dignity of the individual and fosters respect for others.
- Schools must nurture the whole child, including the physical, emotional, social and academic needs of all students.
We believe that public education is the best means to achieve these beliefs and values.